Re: SBS2003 Premium RRAS.

From: David Copeland [MSFT] (davidcop_at_online.microsoft.com)
Date: 10/21/04

Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2021 00:29:44 -0500

Posted a follow-up reply to the thread in the
microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs newsgroup.

--
Hope that helps,
David Copeland
"Marina Roos [SBS-MVP]" <marina@roos.nodontwantspam.nl.com> wrote in message
> Hi Dennis,
>
> Can you post the complete ipconfig/all from the server please?
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Marina
> Microsoft SBS-MVP
>
> "Dennis@YS" <dennis@yourservice.nl> schreef in bericht
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > I encountered a weird problem at one of oure smallbiz networks.
> > First i shall explain some topology:
> >
> > LAN A<----------->SBS2003prem<.------>Draytek vigor 2300
> > <------>Speedtouch510 (pptp)<-----> Internet.
> >
> > We have the right network settings on the SBS machine. I've set up an
lan
> > lan interface to a other network.
> >
> > Lan A ip: 192.168.5.0
> > Lan B ip: 192.168.1.0
> >
> > This lan to lan VPN (PPTP) is working fine. Lan A clients can connect to
> > internet and to Lan B.
> > But the SBS server can't connect to internet if Lan to Lan is connected.
> > There is no static route that points 0.0.0.0 to the <lan tot lan>
> interface.
> > The only static route is 192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0 Interface: <lan2Lan>.
> >
> > everything else is working.
> >

> > Dennis

Relevant Pages

  • Re: vpn access from hotel room
    ... If you have a dedicated workstation on the LAN (or just access to any LAN ... users to keep all their data on the server so it's ... A VPN requires significantly more bandwidth ... If you're laptop has been joined to the SBS domain, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: RDP through RWW
    ... I also check logs and found the SBS ... RDP Server Access Rule is correctly created. ... <192.168.30.10 - RAS VPN ... <192.168.30.11 - LAN ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Server/Network setup question
    ... currently the users are getting IP addresses from DHCP on the router. ... SBS server a static IP address in the same range as the router. ... be in a subnet that is different from the SBS LAN (with their own Internet ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: SBS on two systems
    ... If you do it on exactly the same hardware ... you cannot LEGALLY install that software on a second server. ... Go to the Microsoft Small Business Server website, and request a 180 day trial copy for your test lan ... > If a major component of the server, ie processor, hard drive, etc fails and is not under warranty from the folks who did the pre-install, means you get to buy another copy of SBS. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Default gateway -- how to point to firewall vs. SBS machine?
    ... The OPT is almost like the LAN, thus providing the capability to have 2 ... counterstrike server for fun. ... The SBS server is used for Exchange and eventually SQL server (as soon ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)