Re: SBS 4.5 + Win XP SP1 Client and Windows Update

From: Merv Porter [SBS-MVP] (mwport_at_no_spam_hotmail.com)
Date: 10/21/04

    Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2021 19:43:30 -0500

    This thread posts a procedure for clearing the proxy exception list in IE as
    well as the proxy cache, and then stopping/starting wuauserv (Windows
    update service). This was with WinXP Pro and SBS 4.5.
    http://groups.google.com/groups?q=g:thl793890448d&dq=&hl=en&lr=&selm=6dda2a6a.0409170230.4fc03090%40posting.google.com

    One user responds that it works.

    The full thread is here...
    http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&threadm=8D3A4511-BDAE-43AB-BA61-A272DCA72335%40microsoft.com&rnum=5&prev=/groups%3Fhl%3Den%26lr%3D%26q%3D0x8024402C%2Bwindows%2Bupdate

    --
    Merv  Porter  [SBS MVP]
    ===================================
    "Marina Roos [SBS-MVP]" <marina@roos.nodontwantspam.nl.com> wrote in message
    > Hi Tom,
    >
    > You might want to try and download 871260 manually and install that on the
    > XP's. After the reboot try again.
    >
    > --
    > Regards,
    >
    > Marina
    > Microsoft SBS-MVP
    >
    > "Tom Walker" <twalker@nospam.astonzoraster.com> schreef in bericht
    > > I can't get Windows Update to work with Win XP SP1 clients - I get to
    > > the window where you choose between Express and Custom.  When I choose
    > > Custom, I get:
    > >
    > > [Error number: 0x8024402C]
    > >
    > >    Windows Update has encountered an error and cannot display the
    > > requested page. You may find the following resources helpful in
    > > resolving the problem:
    > >
    > > Support emails with Microsoft take me through numerous option changes
    > > for Internet Explorer and end up telling me to switch off Proxy Server -
    > > how?
    > >
    > > If I remove the MSP Client, it can't get to the Internet - haven't tried
    > > to do anything with Proxy server on the SBS box.
    > >
    > > I tried Merv Porter's suggestion on this group (12 September) but still
    > > get the same error message.
    > >
    > > Any suggestions or guidance much appreciated.
    > >
    > > Tom Walker

    • Re: Cant see Fttp sites
      ... Unless you need a Proxy, ... You don't mention the version of Windows you are using, but, try the ... I have tried disabling the firewalls. ... Disable the option for firewall and virus scan to start with windows, ...
    • Re: Using Google to read RMMGA
      ... > laptop where I just occasionally switches over to Windows ... > what gets through to your browser is the 'privoxy' junk filtering proxy ... > (http://www.privoxy.org is the web site I believe). ...
      (rec.music.makers.guitar.acoustic)
    • Re: cannot update due to error: 0xC80003FB
      ... Either the proxy server or target server name can not be resolved. ... Under " On This Page ", click the 'How to download and install the update package that includes BITS 2.0 and WinHTTP 5.1 for Windows 2000' ... "dannz53" wrote: ... Download and SAVE Download and save what?? ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
    • Re: cannot update due to error: 0xC80003FB
      ... when you try to use the Windows Update Web site or the Microsoft Update ... Remove the proxy server entry from the WinHTTP ... "dannz53" wrote: ... Download and SAVE Download and save what?? ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
    • Re: Streaming video does not work
      ... This is my home computer and I do not have a web proxy in place. ... WMP Help did say something about Windows Firewall blocking UDP ... Opens a graphic in the Media Player window. ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)