Re: SBS 4.5 + Win XP SP1 Client and Windows Update

From: Marina Roos [SBS-MVP] (marina_at_roos.nodontwantspam.nl.com)
Date: 10/20/04

Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2021 01:32:19 +0200

Hi Tom,

You might want to try and download 871260 manually and install that on the
XP's. After the reboot try again.

--
Regards,
Marina
> I can't get Windows Update to work with Win XP SP1 clients - I get to
> the window where you choose between Express and Custom.  When I choose
> Custom, I get:
>
> [Error number: 0x8024402C]
>
>    Windows Update has encountered an error and cannot display the
> requested page. You may find the following resources helpful in
> resolving the problem:
>
> Support emails with Microsoft take me through numerous option changes
> for Internet Explorer and end up telling me to switch off Proxy Server -
> how?
>
> If I remove the MSP Client, it can't get to the Internet - haven't tried
> to do anything with Proxy server on the SBS box.
>
> I tried Merv Porter's suggestion on this group (12 September) but still
> get the same error message.
>
> Any suggestions or guidance much appreciated.
>
> Tom Walker

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Windows Update: SBS 4.5 with Windows XP clients
    ... Merv Porter [SBS MVP] ... "Tom Walker" wrote in message ... > I'm unable to use Windows Update on a number of XP clients in our SBS ... > that I need to do something to Proxy Server - but what? ...
    (microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz)
  • Re: windows update problem
    ... "Param R." ... schreef in bericht ... >> Microsoft SBS-MVP ... windows update doesnt seem to work on my SBS box. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: SBS 2003 windows update fails
    ... Microsoft SBS-MVP ... "John Van Hengel" schreef in bericht ... > Windows Update has encountered an error and cannot display the ... > Support Information ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: anyone else intelligent message filter seem to stop working
    ... The only thing that has changed or been installed is windows update. ... server and I use it as such. ... > Microsoft SBS-MVP ...