Re: Can you point me to instructions to add a SBS 2003 machine to a domain with a 2000 Server DC

From: Richard May (richard_at_ccsgroup.co.uk)
Date: 07/29/04

Date: 29 Jul 2021 16:47:42 -0700

Thank you very much for this information, I will proceed on this basis!

"CRIS HANNA \(SBS-MVP\)" <crishannanospam@computingpossibilities.net> wrote in message news:<#CklQIYdEHA.1000@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>...
> What I am about to say, although tested by some of the MVPs and seems to
> work well, is neither documented or supported at this time by Microsoft
>
> You can install the new server with just the OS portion to begin with, run
> DC promo, then transfer the FSMO roles to the new server as well as the
> Global Catalogue and then install the remaining portion of the SBS Suite
>
> --
> Cris Hanna (SBS-MVP)
> _____________________
> Please only respond in the Newsgroup and not directly to me, so that
> everyone can share the information

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Upgrading from SBS2003 Evaluation Kit to the Real Thing
    ... Independent Experts (MVPs do not work for MS) ... > think you have to install from scratch. ... >> Evaluation Kit and his server was running perfectly. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: windows mobile 6
    ... Have you installed the godaddy cert on your SBS server yet? ... MVPs do not work for MS. ... If you installed a Godaddy cert, you may not have to install on the phone, check your phone's built in certs...may already support ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: server 2003 sp2 install
    ... I would install Server SP2 right away, which should then probrably fire off a whole new round of patches. ... > A Microsoft Registered Partner ... > MVPs do not work for Microsoft ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Integrating an existing Windows 2000 Server
    ... there is a document on the SBS website about joining and SBS server to an existing AD domain. ... MVPs Do Not Work for Microsoft ... I am planning a new install of an SBS 2003r2 standard server for a new ...