Any workaround for adding workstations to domain over VPN?

From: Robert G. Smith (rsmith_at_resolutecorp.com)
Date: 07/20/04

    Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2021 21:38:20 -0700

    I've tried using the wizard that SBS sets up on
    http://servername/connectcomputer and it's a nice utility. Problem is for
    remote users who are VPN'd to the network using Microsoft VPN, it brings up
    an error message about the "SBS Network Configuration Wizard will only run
    over a Local Area Network connection".

    Anyone come up with a way to trick it into working using Microsoft VPN?

    Note: It works fine if you are using a different VPN service (such as your
    firewall). It only quits if it detects Microsoft's VPN client running.

    Yes, I can have users select My Computer, Properties and add their
    workstations that way....but the /connnectcomputer utility looked much
    easier for most users...until finding out it doesn't work remotely. The odd
    thing...one of my users DID get it to work once using MS VPN client...but
    has not been able to reproduce that.