Re: migration from 2000 adv server w.exch 2000 to sbs2003

From: CRIS HANNA \(SBS-MVP\) (crishannanospam_at_computingpossibilities.net)
Date: 07/09/04

Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2021 10:51:55 -0500

The document I sent you outlines old server/new server method
You could also bring the new server in as a win2k dc migrate your data to
it. Seize the FSMO, upgrade it to 2003 then install remainder of the SBS
software
You can migrate exchange in a couple of ways.

--
Cris Hanna (SBS-MVP)
_____________________
> So I am unable to migrate to a new SBS2003 server ? The
> only thing I can do is upgrade my existing server to
> SBS2003 or purchase 2003 standard server and exch.2003
> server seperatly and the transfer the domain to this new
> server ?
>
> Thank You for your answers !
> Wouter V.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Exchange Disaster Recovery Server
    ... The backup server is setup also in the lab so I ... >>> The Microsoft Exchange Server computer is not available. ... >>> Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange2000.admin)
  • Exchange 2003 SP1 periodicaly losses connection to active directory for about 30 minutes
    ... We have active directory in two servers but the mail server fails to ... the promotion of the server to active directory the exchange was up. ... After a Domain Controller is promoted to a Global Catalog, ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.misc)
  • Re: LDAP Bind Unsuccessful
    ... We have a similar problem with Exchange 2003 and two DC servers 2003. ... After a Domain Controller is promoted to a Global Catalog, ... server that is designated to be a Global Catalog Server but did ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange2000.active.directory.integration)
  • Exchange 2003 SP1 periodicaly losses connection to active directory for about 30 minutes
    ... We have active directory in two servers but the mail server fails to ... the promotion of the server to active directory the exchange was up. ... After a Domain Controller is promoted to a Global Catalog, ...
  • Exchange Service Pack 1 Install fails
    ... I have a Small Business Server 2003 set up. ... Exchange SP1 resolves. ... before installing this Microsoft Exchange Server Service Pack. ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.setup)