Re: problem installing mscomm.ocx

Hi,
if your target OS is older then windows XP - then besides the Mscomm file you also have to install VB6 runtime files

--
Best regards,
___________

"eb" <e.b@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:%236uh9LRKHHA.4992@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
An Access97 application contains a Forms with Mscomm ActiveX.

When I run the application on a machine having Access97 and Vb6.0 : no
problem

When I create an installation program (including Access Exacutable relaese)
and I install the application on a machine which do not have access and/or
vb6.0, I receve the message 'No object for the control' when the application
open the Form containing mscomm.ocx.

Mscomm.ocx has been loaded in windows\system32 and written in the
BaseRegister of the client machine.

Is there a special procedure to install this AX ???

Sorry for my english

Thanks

EricBaar

  • Re: VB6 Runtime Files?
    ... where will it store the text if VB6 is not installed in user's machine? ... automatically install the VB6 runtime files in the user's machine? ...
  • Re: Why wont VB6 control set install on WinXP pro SP2?
    ... it wont install even though it said it was successful. ... VB6 runtime files. ... You can download this OCX here: ...
  • Re: MS Access Packaging Wizard .. Set-up install error
    ... Alex Dybenko (MVP) ... "Alex Dybenko" wrote: ... You may receive error messages when you install an Access 2002 runtime ... > Target System: 3 month old, MS Windows XP Media Center Edition V2002 ...
    (microsoft.public.access.modulesdaovba)
  • Re: Access 2000 429 Error
    ... Alex Dybenko ... >> Alex Dybenko (MVP) ... >>> reinstall ... >>> I reinstalled that and tried to install the IE service pack 2. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.devtoolkits)
  • Re: access runtime
    ... library instead of excel 9.0 library on setup, even on Access 2000 MDE. ... "Alex Dybenko" wrote: ... >>> can't install Access 2003. ... >>> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP ...
    (microsoft.public.access.devtoolkits)