upgrading to newest version

I have an Access ADP and there are about 10 users that use the program.
Currently, I am managing the program by having the ADP's for each user
located on the server and their desktops have a shortcut to their respective
ADPs. However, I know this creates additional network traffic and slows
down the performance of the program because it is running across the
network.

What I should do is have the ADP and an executable on their respective
desktops. They run the ADP from the executable, but it first checks to see
if the ADP version on their desktop is the same version as the master on the
server. If it is NOT, then it copies the newer ADP from the server to their
local computer and then runs the program.

The problem is that I do not know how to write/create this code. I remember
seeing it on the web a long time ago. Does anyone have a copy of simple
code that does this and instructions on how to set this up?

-Stephen

  • Re: ADP Applications
    ... put more of the business logic on the server. ... But the benefit was that Access could produce applications that would take 10 times as long in Dbase and ran way more efficiently. ... ADP vs .Net, as you don't store the data in the client, neither ...
    (comp.databases.ms-access)
  • Re: upgrading to newest version
    ... I am managing the program by having the ADP's for each user ... located on the server and their desktops have a shortcut to their ... What I should do is have the ADP and an executable on their respective ...
    (microsoft.public.access.developers.toolkitode)
  • Re: ADP freezes when it cant find SQL Server
    ... « ODBC is well known for duplicating server values; however, ... problem for you because ADP use OLEDB, not ODBC. ... a problem for you because ADP use OLEDB, ... I have one ADP file that will not open at all. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.adp.sqlserver)
  • Re: Access 2003 to SQL Server 2000 over a VPN
    ... sufficiently fast response times, ADP may be a good enough client, ... Replication can be another solution, ... you're careful about your database design, though, that may be the way to ... As a result of the difficulties I've had, I try to avoid SQL Server ...
    (microsoft.public.access.adp.sqlserver)
  • Re: Quick Access 2003 ADP/SQL Server 2005 question
    ... you are a liar and a retard. ... ADP wins in _EVERY_ regard. ... If you need to use a server database engine ... It's then generally pretty easy to modify the query so that ...
    (microsoft.public.access.adp.sqlserver)