problem installing mscomm.ocx

An Access97 application contains a Forms with Mscomm ActiveX.

When I run the application on a machine having Access97 and Vb6.0 : no
problem

When I create an installation program (including Access Exacutable relaese)
and I install the application on a machine which do not have access and/or
vb6.0, I receve the message 'No object for the control' when the application
open the Form containing mscomm.ocx.

Mscomm.ocx has been loaded in windows\system32 and written in the
BaseRegister of the client machine.

Is there a special procedure to install this AX ???

Sorry for my english

Thanks

EricBaar

  • Client connecting to Access97 when newer version installed
    ... I have a user that has the runtime files for Access97 ... files only) class and the opendatabase procedure is trying ... Install) etc.. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.modulesdaovba)
  • Re: Office 2003 SBE "BIOS locked"
    ... Install Access97 first, via custom install to eg \Program Files\Access97 ... Update access97 - assuming updates are avilable ... only in so much as an OEM version the licence lives & dies with the ...
    (microsoft.public.office.setup)
  • Re: Access 97 with Access 2003