Re: Problem with Filter/Query

From: Ken Snell (kthsneisllis9_at_ncoomcastt.renaetl)
Date: 07/24/04

Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2021 13:23:57 -0400

Put the filter in the DoCmd.OpenForm call:

    DoCmd.OpenForm "frmAgencies", , "qryAgenciesEditFilterFromSearchScreen"

The third argument of the OpenForm method is the filter that is to be used
when the form is opened.

--
        Ken Snell
<MS ACCESS MVP>
"Ed the Redhead" <EdtheRedhead@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have the following written in my code:
>
> DoCmd.OpenForm "frmAgencies"
> DoCmd.ApplyFilter "qryAgenciesEditFilterFromSearchScreen"
>
> When I run it, it will open the form, but it does not apply the filter.
When I open the query, it shows exactly the record I want.  But when I run
the code, it opens the form up with all of the records.  I did double check
the name and it is correct.  I'm still pretty new to this programming stuff,
so I'm sure that I'm missing something.  Any suggestions?