Problem with Filter/Query

From: Ed the Redhead (EdtheRedhead_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 07/24/04

    Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2021 07:24:03 -0700

    I have the following written in my code:

    DoCmd.OpenForm "frmAgencies"
    DoCmd.ApplyFilter "qryAgenciesEditFilterFromSearchScreen"

    When I run it, it will open the form, but it does not apply the filter. When I open the query, it shows exactly the record I want. But when I run the code, it opens the form up with all of the records. I did double check the name and it is correct. I'm still pretty new to this programming stuff, so I'm sure that I'm missing something. Any suggestions?