Re: AC2002: Error 429 on XP SP1 - never happened on other installs !

From: Tony Toews (ttoews_at_telusplanet.net)
Date: 07/24/04

Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2021 23:54:02 -0600

"Björn Comhaire" <bjorn@_noSpam_fertipro.com> wrote:

>Now one of my clients tried to install the package on a new WinXP SP1
>computer (with MS OF2000 on it) and as soon as they start up the application
>they get a runtime error 429 (ActiveX).

You probably need to register the DAO dll using regsvr32. For example
regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\DAO\
DAO360.DLL"

ACC2000: Error Message: ActiveX Component Can't Create Object
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q296/2/04.asp

Tiny

--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP