Re: Access 2002 command line options.

From: david epsom dot com dot au (david_at_epsomdotcomdotau)
Date: 07/20/04

Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2021 09:22:00 +1000

In A97 you needed to have the runtime/ODE installed to use
/runtime switch. Installation included more than just the
required (Office Runtime) dll, 'cause I copied that in and
/Runtime still wouldn't work correctly. I'm told that in
A2K you can use /Runtime without a runtime/ode install, but
I've never had a chance to test that.

(david)

"Rick Brandt" <rickbrandt2@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> "Van T. Dinh" <VanThien.Dinh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > For the /runtime switch, see MSKB:
> >
> > http://support.microsoft.com/?id=105128
> >
> > I am fairly sure the /runtime switch (or /rt) also works with the retail
> > version also as I used then where I worked previously and I am sure the
> > company didn't have the ODE97.
> >
> > I can't be certain but at the time, I didn't know the MSKB existed so my
> > source of info. didn't come from MSKB and really the only Access
references
> > I had at that time was Roger Jennings' Using Access 97 & Access Help and
> > Roger Jennings' book didn't mention about the /runtime switch.
>
> My understanding is that for /runtime to work you had to have either the
ODE