Re: Access Menu Bar 'Window' option

From: Stephen K. Young (_at_)
Date: 07/13/04

    Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2021 12:54:47 -0400

    You can copy the Access built-in Window menu to your own menu, and
    manipulate it while your application is running, and put it back when done.

    For example, you can do something like the following, based on a variable
    isAppRunning:

       ' The Window menu popup in mnuAppMenu uses the standard full Access
    Window menu in order to display the list of open windows
       ' The [&Hide] and [&Unhide] are retained but made invisible (removal
    affects the standard toolbars).
       With mnuAppMenu.Controls("&Window").Controls
          ![&Unhide...].Visible = Not isAppRunning
          ![&Hide].Visible = Not isAppRunning
       End With

    - Steve

    "Berny" <BlancoB at MSN dot Com> wrote in message
    > Is it possible to reference only Open Documents part of the menu or do you
    > have to reference the entire menu item?
    >

    > "david epsom dot com dot au" <david@epsomdotcomdotau> wrote in message
    > > These are a bunch of hidden, invisible place holders, that are updated
    by
    > > Access when you open or close a window.
    > >
    > > So your two options are (a) add a reference to the original menu item,
    or
    > > (b) create your own place holders, and update them your self. The
    problem
    > > with (a) is that any change you make affects the menu item, and the
    > > problem
    > > with (b) is that any change Access makes does NOT affect the menu item.
    > > don't think there is any solution: If you want the menu items to be the
    > > ones
    > > updated by Access, then they have to be the menu items updated by
    Access.