Re: Help needed w/Runtime, XP, and "Can't be started…" error

From: Tony Toews (ttoews_at_telusplanet.net)
Date: 07/09/04

    Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2021 22:17:27 -0600

    masprog@attglobal.net.invalid (John Moore) wrote:

    >The problem is that the same identical installation CD will work on
    >one PC in the same office and not another. The policies and
    >permissions appear to be the same on each PC but we get the "can't be
    >stared" on one and not the other.

    No idea on policies but I'm doing a bit of mucking with permissions.
    There is a KB article on A97 and NTFS permissions. Security
    Requirements When Using NTFS Partition
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=169387 but I don't know how
    applicable this is to a Sagekey runtime.

    What this article doesn't mention is what kind of registry permissions
    are required. A standard user has read only permission to the
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office key and sub keys.
    Possibly Sagekey requires RW somewhere wherever they install the
    runtime to.

    Tony

    --
    Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP