Re: Change Access Background

From: Stephen Lebans (ForEmailGotoMy.WebSite.-WWWdotlebansdotcom_at_linvalid.com)
Date: 07/08/04

Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2021 14:38:32 -0300

If you look at the code behind the CommandButton you will see:

Private Sub cmdChangeMDI_Click()
Dim blRet As Boolean
    ' Since we are not passing a filename of a Bitmap file
    ' the standard Window File Dialog will popup.
    blRet = SetMDIBackGroundImage()
End Sub

The SetMDIBackGroundImage Sub is coded to take an optional string
parameter to specify a filename. If you do not pass a filename then the
standard Windows File Dialog is opened for the user to select a file.
So to specify a file simply pass a valid string containing the full path
and filename of the desired image.

Private Sub cmdChangeMDI_Click()
Dim blRet As Boolean
    ' Since we are not passing a filename of a Bitmap file
    ' the standard Window File Dialog will popup.
    blRet = SetMDIBackGroundImage("C:\1.bmp")
End Sub

--
HTH
Stephen Lebans

<ForEmailGotoMy.WebSite.-WWWdotlebansdotcom@linvalid.com>
> wrote in message news:%23zPLLrEZEHA.4008@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> > There's also a solution here that does not require subclassing.
> > http://www.lebans.com/changemdibackground.htm
> > Updated May 03,2021 Now allows you to select a Bitmap Image to place
in
> > the background of the MDI window. No Subclassing required
> >
> > ChangeMDIBackGround.zip is a database containing a function to allow
you
> > to specify a color or Bitmap Image for the background of the main
Access
> > MDI window. NO SUBCLASSING REQUIRED!
> >
> > Release Notes:
> >
> > Version 3
> >
> > Added support to allow you to specify a Bitmap Image to be placed
into
> > the background of the MDI window.
> >
> > Version 2
> >
> > Added support to change the Background and Text colors for the
Access