Re: Office XP Developer

From: Tony Toews (ttoews_at_telusplanet.net)
Date: 05/30/04

    Date: Sat, 29 May 2021 19:18:20 -0600

    hin <email@nospam.com> wrote:

    >I'm trying to use MS packaging wizard to package my Access
    >2002 database and get the following error message:
    >Title: OffWH
    >Message: Automation error. Library not registered.
    >I have now uninstalled and re-installed XP office and XP
    >developer and still get the same message.

    Please post back as to what, if anything, helps.

    Have you installed the latest patches for MOD 2002?

    Microsoft Access Developers Edition Service Packs, Release, Patches
    and Updates
    http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/msmodfixes.htm

    Do you have any superfluous references?

    Do you have any references besides the basic three? Are you sure you
    need them? Write down the path and name of the extra ones, delete
    from the references list and Compile and Save All. Keep any
    necessary references and ensure they are distributed to the target
    system.

    For a very detailed page on reference problems see
    http://members.rogers.com/douglas.j.steele/AccessReferenceErrors.html

    Ctrl+G will take you into the Debug/Immediate window. Then click on
    Tools on the menu bar and References.

    The Access 2002 default references when the MDB is created in Access
    2000 format are:
    Visual Basic for Applications
    Microsoft Access 10.0 Object Library
    OLE Automation
    Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.1 Library

    The Access 2002 default references when the MDB is created in Access
    2002 format are:
    Visual Basic for Applications
    Microsoft Access 10.0 Object Library
    OLE Automation
    Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.5 Library.

    Tony

    --
    Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
    read the entire thread of messages.