Terminal server and MSCOMM32.OCX

From: Erik (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 05/28/04

    Date: Fri, 28 May 2021 17:03:30 +0200

    Hi guys
    I have a problem with my program developed using MSCOMM32.OCX and running on
    Terminal
    Services of Windows Server 2003.
    My program reads data from COM port and dispay received data on the window.
    COM port is shared from remote Workstation and my program running on the
    terminal services session.
    When I run the my program (inside the terminal server session) no one data
    receive from COM port, but if I try to read the same COM using Hyperterminal
    I can receive all data.....

    Anybody can tell my why my program don't receive data but Hypereterminal
    yes??
    Where I mistook?

    Than you for any help
    Erik

    • Re: Windows 2008 registry keys to identify ephemerical port range?
      ... But in Windows Server 2008 the ... So My application need to identify the ehemeral port range defined by the ... So What are the relevent Registry keys to identify ... "To comply with Internet Assigned Numbers Authority recommendations, Microsoft has increased the dynamic client port range for outgoing connections in Windows Vista and in Windows Server 2008. ...
    • RE: Remote TCP/IP port Printing
      ... your local printers are not available in the ... session to a Windows 2000- or Windows Server 2003-based computer. ... This problem occurs because the printer port does not begin with COM, LPT, ... for redirection. ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.termserv.clients)
    • Re: network printer is ready but error when printing
      ... Let me state again that it is a network printer directly connected to a Windows Server ... It should be 515, yet I'm confused HP JetDirect and others seem to use 9100 or others as listening port. ... [Confirm driver is working by examining the raw output] First print to file using "Keep printed documents" or "FILE:" port with the Canon driver, then use PCLReader / PostScript viewer to view the raw printout to check if it is the driver that makes bad printouts that causes the error. ...
    • Re: network printer is ready but error when printing
      ... The culprit we found is Windows Firewall (of Windows Server 2003). ... After allowing port 9100 through, ... But I wonder why there's incoming connection, shouldn't it be just outgoing as the server is provided on the TCP/IP network printer? ...
    • When setting up port forwarding, is it necessary to make the port listen?
      ... I have windows server 2000 installed on my machine. ... connected to a router, which, in turn, is connected to a cable modem. ... a connection initiated from my end to begin with) to come through. ... I employed Port Forwarding through the administration web ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.security)