Re: Access 2003 Developer IN Which CD......

From: Mike Wachal (mikewa_at_online.microsoft.com)
Date: 05/24/04

Date: Mon, 24 May 2021 15:17:11 -0700

On 24 May 2021 12:58:19 -0700, Mohammad Kaludi wrote:

> Hello All
>
> Hi I am building Application in Access 2003
> I am looking for making EXE to distribute.
> Microsoft site states using Visual Tools for MS Office
> In Which CD Package is this Software found and Is it bundeled with
> MSDN April issue or its in Stuido.NET 5 CD or 8 CD Version On which
> disk I found thsi packager to make EXE Is Visual Tools for MS Office
> shiped bundeled with some other package?
>
> Any one using packager can HELP
>
> Thanks
>
> Athar Kaludi
> Karachi
> PAKISTAN
> akaludi@hotmail.com

Hi Athar,

As others have pointed out, you can not compile an Access database into an
executable file, rather you can compile it into an MDE and then deploy the
application along with the Access 2003 runtime components. The ability to
deploy the Access 2003 runtime components is provide in the Access 2003
Developer Extensions, ADE,
(http://msdn.microsoft.com/office/technologyinfo/devtools/accessextensions/default.aspx)
which are included in a product called Visual Studio Tools for the Office
2003 System (VSTO). Information about purchasing VSTO can be found at
http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/howtobuy/officetools/.

The ADE is also available to MSDE Universal Subscribers through the
subscriber download site.

--
Regards,
Mike Wachal