Re: Access Run-Time Help

From: david epsom dot com dot au (david_at_epsomdotcomdotau)
Date: 05/24/04

Date: Mon, 24 May 2021 19:14:23 +1000

> have used the MS SnapShot Viewer to send Access reports to managers,

> As I ask myself these questions, I realize that I have an old version
> of the Developer's Kit. Would newer versions of the Access Run-Time

The A97 ART picks up files from the computer where the package is
built. To build fully patched A97 runtime, you need to full patch
the build computer.

This system has the disadvantage that when you install, the
install includes the latest version of ALL the files - which
may break other things on the computer. For example, unless
you are careful, you can install WinME files into WinNT.....

You do need to have patched copy of A97 to get snapshots: the
functionality was not included in the first release.

YOU WILL ALSO NEED TO EXPLICITLY INCLUDE THE SNAPSHOT FILES
INTO THE PACKAGE. THE WIZARD DOES NOT KNOW TO INCLUDE SNAPSHOT
FILES. I could be wrong, but I DON'T THINK THERE WAS A VERSION
OF THE WIZARD THAT KNEW TO INCLUDE THE SNAPSHOT FILES.

Also, note that if you are using the /profile switch for
Access start up, you will need to register the export filters
into your private profile.

(david)

"Craig" <wenzlow9@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Greetings. My company is going to distribute the front-end of an
> Access application to all users using Access 97 Run-Time. I am
> testing Access Run-Time to see what we gain or lose. I am no expert
> user with Office 97 Developer's Kit, so please bear with me as I
> explain the situation. I have noticed something that we've lost. We
> have used the MS SnapShot Viewer to send Access reports to managers,
> but as I am looking at the report preview, I go to File > Send or File
> > Print, and all I get under the File menu is Close or Exit. I am
> well aware that the Run-Time version is lacking the features from the
> full version, so I am not totally surprised that I don't see some of
> these menus or menu options. However, I can't help but think that
> there has to be some way to send, print or export a report. Is there
> something I can do to the Run-Time version in order to have those
> options? Is there code I can utilize? Is it part of the
> program-creating process?
>
> As I ask myself these questions, I realize that I have an old version
> of the Developer's Kit. Would newer versions of the Access Run-Time
> program have the ability to send, export, or print reports? Does the
> XP or 2003 kits have it included?
>
> Thank you in advance for helping me out. If I need to direct these
> questions elsewhere, please let me know. Thank you, and have a great
> day!

Relevant Pages