Re: Front end to Oracle

From: Tony Toews (ttoews_at_telusplanet.net)
Date: 05/19/04

    Date: Wed, 19 May 2021 12:28:55 -0600

    "STEVE" <S.TUCKER@TESCO.NET> wrote:

    >We are creating a front end application for an Oracle database using Access.
    >We have worked out how to build this in the full version of Access and I
    >want to be able to convert this application into a run time version.
    >
    >Is this possible?

    Should be. There is nothing unique about using Oracle and Access when
    it comes to the full version and the runtime that I can think off.
    You can test this yourself by setting the /runtime switch.

    See Microsoft Access (Office) Developer Edition FAQ
    http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/developereditionfaq.htm for more
    information on this switch.

    You may also want to use a DSN less connection so as to remove one
    variable from your install.

    I much prefer DSN-Less connections as it is one less thing for someone
    to have to configure and one less thing for the users to screw up.

    Using DSN-Less Connections
    http://members.rogers.com/douglas.j.steele/DSNLessLinks.html
    ODBC DSN-Less Connection Tutorial Part I
    http://www.amazecreations.com/datafast/GetFile.aspx?file=ODBCTutor01.htm&Article=true
    HOWTO: Use "DSN-Less" ODBC Connections with RDO and DAO
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=147875
    ODBC DSN Less
    http://www.able-consulting.com/MDAC/ADO/Connection/ODBC_DSNLess.htm

    Tony