Re: A 2003 + Linked Table Manager

From: Jim Hess (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 05/19/04

Date: Wed, 19 May 2021 08:53:47 -0700

This strange thing about this text alignment problem is
that even on the other computers where the problem
manifests itself, it doesn't do it consistently. Reports
for some accounts will be perfectly aligned while others
will not be. And it seems to be consistent on all of the
other computers (there are only three of them). So I am
at a loss as to what to do. The only difference that I
can see is that I have multiple versions and they do not.

problem. i think you have
>to wait with dialog untill access finish "installing"
>2 - formatting - could be also that you have different
regional settings on
>your and others PCs
>
>--
>Alex Dybenko (MVP)
>http://Alex.Dybenko.com
>http://www.PointLtd.com
>

>"Jim Hess" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
>> Thank you for that information. I followed the
>> instructions and was able to register the file. But
now I
>> have another problem, and perhaps I should have
considered
>> that before I proceeded. At the present time I have
>> Access 97, Access 2000, Access XP, and now Access 2003
>> installed on my computer. After I registered the DLL as
>> instructed, when I try to start Access 2003 I get
>> the "Preparing to install" dialog box. If I click
Cancel,
>> Access will open, but I still cannot see the list of
>> tables in the Linked Table Manager. Yes, I know, I need
>> to remove some of these older versions, but if I do I'm
>> not sure what problems I might encounter.
>>
>> Another question. The reason I was told to update to
>> Access/Office 2003 is because our IT department is
moving
>> all of our computers to Windows 2000. And as they do
>> this, they are installing only Office 2003. The
databases
>> will run, and all of the calculations seem to be
correct,
>> but some of the columns in the reports are not being
>> spaced properly and some of the numeric formatting is
>> missing. I can run the reports on my computer in any of
>> the versions (except 97, which I don't use it at all
>> anymore) and the reports format properly. But I have
all
>> of these different versions on the computer that I am
>> using to print the reports. Am my dealing with some
>> missing font issues, or what?

July
>> 1,
used