Re: Office 2000 Developer Package and Deployment

From: Chris Mills (phad_nospam_at_cleardotnet.nz)
Date: 05/17/04

Date: Mon, 17 May 2021 23:23:01 +1200

In addition to those mods (which I wrote), it is usually necessary to get into
the PDW-generated Setup.LST, which is a text-format file and not too difficult
to work out. That is where your particular concern (DefaultDir) is to be
found. (the working directory is quite a different setting, that's where
Access starts up pointing to)

If you insist (like me) on using the PDW, that is :-)

Chris

"Tony Toews" <ttoews@telusplanet.net> wrote in message
> "Katrina" <katrinat@heritageweb.net> wrote:
>
> >Is there no longer a way to customize the App Path? I have a database that
> >want to distribute but the P&D wizard copies it to Program Files\XXXXX. In
> >order for my backgrounds to show correctly, I must be able to set the App
> >Path myself? I know you could do this on the 97 version, but can't seem to
> >find where to do it in the 2000 version????
>
> See Microsoft Access 2000 PDW Setup Modifications
> - allows a data path to be specified for a Front End/Back End
> installation.
> allows a shortcut icon to be specified.
> the working directory ("Start In") is now implemented.
> http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/access2000pdwsetup.htm
>
> Tony
> --
> Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
> Please respond only in the newsgroups so that others can
> read the entire thread of messages.
> Microsoft Access Links, Hints, Tips & Accounting Systems at
> http://www.granite.ab.ca/accsmstr.htm

Relevant Pages