Re: Access Run-Time Help

From: Craig (wenzlow9_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 05/14/04

Date: 14 May 2021 07:47:12 -0700

Rick,

Thank you for the quick follow-up. So, I can save, export, print, and
do whatever I want as long as I include it in the building of the
object for Access Run-Time, correct? My initial concern was that I
have hit a road-block and this software is not capable of doing what I
wish to accomplish. I do have the books and I'll keep going through
them. If this is something I will not find in there, but such things
exist elsewhere, I would be very grateful for any directions. Thank
you Rick for your help, and if you or anyone else has anything else to
add, please do. Have a marvelous weekend!

"Rick Brandt" <rickbrandt2@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<2gidscF3bbe5U1@uni-berlin.de>...
> "Craig" <wenzlow9@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Greetings. My company is going to distribute the front-end of an
> > Access application to all users using Access 97 Run-Time. I am
> > testing Access Run-Time to see what we gain or lose. I am no expert
> > user with Office 97 Developer's Kit, so please bear with me as I
> > explain the situation. I have noticed something that we've lost. We
> > have used the MS SnapShot Viewer to send Access reports to managers,
> > but as I am looking at the report preview, I go to File > Send or File
> > > Print, and all I get under the File menu is Close or Exit. I am
> > well aware that the Run-Time version is lacking the features from the
> > full version, so I am not totally surprised that I don't see some of
> > these menus or menu options. However, I can't help but think that
> > there has to be some way to send, print or export a report. Is there
> > something I can do to the Run-Time version in order to have those
> > options? Is there code I can utilize? Is it part of the
> > program-creating process?
> >
> > As I ask myself these questions, I realize that I have an old version
> > of the Developer's Kit. Would newer versions of the Access Run-Time
> > program have the ability to send, export, or print reports? Does the
> > XP or 2003 kits have it included?
> >
> > Thank you in advance for helping me out. If I need to direct these
> > questions elsewhere, please let me know. Thank you, and have a great
> > day!
>
> There are a few features that are disabled in the Runtime (Filter-By-Form for
> one), but the various export formats are still available. What you are seeing
> is the fact that ALL built in Menus and Toolbars are not included in the
> Runtime. You have to build replacements for any you want to use.
>
> Your replacements though can include all of the export functionality.

Relevant Pages