Re: Access Run-Time Help

From: Rick Brandt (rickbrandt2_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 05/13/04

Date: Thu, 13 May 2021 18:17:24 -0500

"Craig" <wenzlow9@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:251e9352.0405131001.17e9a57@posting.google.com...
> Greetings. My company is going to distribute the front-end of an
> Access application to all users using Access 97 Run-Time. I am
> testing Access Run-Time to see what we gain or lose. I am no expert
> user with Office 97 Developer's Kit, so please bear with me as I
> explain the situation. I have noticed something that we've lost. We
> have used the MS SnapShot Viewer to send Access reports to managers,
> but as I am looking at the report preview, I go to File > Send or File
> > Print, and all I get under the File menu is Close or Exit. I am
> well aware that the Run-Time version is lacking the features from the
> full version, so I am not totally surprised that I don't see some of
> these menus or menu options. However, I can't help but think that
> there has to be some way to send, print or export a report. Is there
> something I can do to the Run-Time version in order to have those
> options? Is there code I can utilize? Is it part of the
> program-creating process?
>
> As I ask myself these questions, I realize that I have an old version
> of the Developer's Kit. Would newer versions of the Access Run-Time
> program have the ability to send, export, or print reports? Does the
> XP or 2003 kits have it included?
>
> Thank you in advance for helping me out. If I need to direct these
> questions elsewhere, please let me know. Thank you, and have a great
> day!

There are a few features that are disabled in the Runtime (Filter-By-Form for
one), but the various export formats are still available. What you are seeing
is the fact that ALL built in Menus and Toolbars are not included in the
Runtime. You have to build replacements for any you want to use.

Your replacements though can include all of the export functionality.

--
I don't check the Email account attached
to this message.     Send instead to...

Relevant Pages