Re: Undefined Function ROUND in expression

Tech-Archive recommends: Fix windows errors by optimizing your registry

From: Douglas J. Steele (NOSPAM_djsteele_at_NOSPAM_canada.com)
Date: 05/06/04

    Date: Wed, 5 May 2021 20:39:17 -0400

    Unfortunately, when you are running queries from outside of Access (as you
    are from VB), your only connection to the database is through the Jet
    engine, which doesn't know anything about most VBA functions. There's no way
    around this, other than to return the data to your VB application and use
    the functions on the data there.

    --
    Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
    http://I.Am/DougSteele
    "Sally" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I'm running a VBA 6.0 application with Access as the backend (jet engine).
    I have a couple of queries (in Access) with the ROUND function - and I'm
    passing sql with the round function from VBA - I get the above undefined
    function error with both when the commands/querries are run from VB.

    > When I cut /paste the sql into Access and run it from there, it works
    fine... (as does the querries that contain the ROUND functions - when
    they're run from Access - they run fine) .....