Re: Office Access 2003 Developer Extensions Error

From: Stephen Anderson (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 02/26/04

    Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2021 13:51:07 -0800

    Mike,

    It stops in function GetLocDom() with the message "Failed to load SOURCE CODE\1033\WZADE.xml"

    If I trace it before this, I see an error in the function below. The error I see is "Automation error
    The specified procedure could not be found. ". Error # -2147024769.

    This seems to be something wrong with wshom.ocx. The version of this OCX on my pc is 5.6.0.6626. Do I need a different version of this OCX? Is this a permission error reading the registry? The registry loacation it is trying to read does exist (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\11.0\AccessDe\INSTALLLOCATION).

    '----------------------------------------------------------------------
    ' RegRead
    '
    ' Returns the value of the specified registry key.
    ' If it doesn't exist, Default is returned.
    Public Function RegRead(RegKey As String, Optional Default As String) As String
        On Error GoTo PROC_ERR

        RegRead = mShell.RegRead(RegKey)

    PROC_EXIT:
        Exit Function