Re: Office Access 2003 Developer Extensions Error

From: Mike Wachal (mikewa_at_online.microsoft.com)
Date: 02/26/04

Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2021 10:26:54 -0800

On Tue, 24 Feb 2022 11:46:06 -0800, Stephen Anderson wrote:

> Mike,
>
> The registry key was correct. I uninstalled the program, deleted the folder and reinstalled. I recieved the same error.
>
> When I opened the MDB file in the source code folder and stepped through the code, I found that variable gcRegKeyUILanguage was set to value "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\AccessDE\UILanguage" rather than HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE. This key does not exist. Even if I add it, the application does not work.
>
> It seems to me as if there is another registry key that is not setup correctly.
>
> Any other ideas?

Hi Stephen,

The Registry key that is set for gcRegKeyUILanguage is correct, it should
be in the HKCU hive. This key is only created on a computer if you have
installed a localized version of the ADE. The code that trys to read this
key is design to return a default of English if the key is not present.
This issue shouldn't be causing the problem. Were you getting an error
related to this variable or did you just notice the fact that the key did
not exist?

I think your on the right path with regards to working through the source
code version of the wizard to find the problem. So far this one has me
stumpped. Rather than stepping through the source code, I would actually
just launch the source code wizard and let it run as normal to see if you
get to a debug trap and then take a look at which procedure you're in when
the code breaks. This would at least give us an idea where to look for the
problem.

I'll run this by the development team and see if they have any additional
ideas.

--
Regards,
Mike Wachal

  • Re: Office Access 2003 Developer Extensions Error
    ... folder and reinstalled. ... >> It seems to me as if there is another registry key that is not setup ... Rather than stepping through the source code, ... > Mike Wachal ...
    (microsoft.public.access.developers.toolkitode)
  • Re: How do I debug .dot file?
    ... I can view the source code while not running. ... In the case of PowerPoint vba, there's a registry key 'DebugAddins' to ... This depends on how you're using the dot file. ...
    (microsoft.public.word.vba.beginners)
  • Add a key in the registry from setup project
    ... I want to be able to install a registry key from the setup project at ... I do this today in my source code. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.setup)
  • Re: Fax service dont send delivery receipt.
    ... in some i didn't even have that registry key. ... This translated to Portuguese would be "A receber" and "Recebidos", and this translation is ok. ... The problem is that the folder functions are reversed, in english would be that the Incoming folder is acting as the Inbox and the Inbox is acting has the incoming. ... This newsgroup only focuses on SBS technical issues. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: Internet Browsing Impeeded
    ... >IE plugin may need administrator privilege. ... Create a new folder on the desktop and move all the ... >e) Select Desktop in Save in box and type backup in File ... Find and delete the following registry key. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.termserv.apps)