Re: Office Access 2003 Developer Extensions Error
From: Mike Wachal (mikewa_at_online.microsoft.com)
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2021 10:26:54 -0800
On Tue, 24 Feb 2022 11:46:06 -0800, Stephen Anderson wrote:
> The registry key was correct. I uninstalled the program, deleted the folder and reinstalled. I recieved the same error.
> When I opened the MDB file in the source code folder and stepped through the code, I found that variable gcRegKeyUILanguage was set to value "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\AccessDE\UILanguage" rather than HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE. This key does not exist. Even if I add it, the application does not work.
> It seems to me as if there is another registry key that is not setup correctly.
> Any other ideas?
The Registry key that is set for gcRegKeyUILanguage is correct, it should
be in the HKCU hive. This key is only created on a computer if you have
installed a localized version of the ADE. The code that trys to read this
key is design to return a default of English if the key is not present.
This issue shouldn't be causing the problem. Were you getting an error
related to this variable or did you just notice the fact that the key did
I think your on the right path with regards to working through the source
code version of the wizard to find the problem. So far this one has me
stumpped. Rather than stepping through the source code, I would actually
just launch the source code wizard and let it run as normal to see if you
get to a debug trap and then take a look at which procedure you're in when
the code breaks. This would at least give us an idea where to look for the
I'll run this by the development team and see if they have any additional
-- Regards, Mike Wachal Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.