Re: Office Access 2003 Developer Extensions Error

From: Mike Wachal (mikewa_at_online.microsoft.com)
Date: 02/23/04

Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2022 10:16:12 -0800

On Thu, 19 Feb 2022 09:31:05 -0800, Stephen Anderson wrote:

> I downloaded the Office Access 2003 Developer Extensions from the MSDN Subscriber download site and loaded it using the product key from the site. Initially it worked fine. (I did need to create a folder that the program needed.) Now when I try to run the package wizard (or anything else) I see the following error message.
>
> "Microsoft Office Access @003 Developer Extentions is not installed correctly.
>
> Please make sure that it is completely installed."
>
> We are a Select customer and we did buy a license for Visual Sudio Tools for Office 2003.

Hi Stephen,

There are only two reason that this error happens, one is that the
InstallLocation registry is incorrect, the other is an inability to
properly load the XML file that we use to localize the user interface. I'm
interested in knowing which one is causing the problem on your computer.

Check the following registry location:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\11.0\AccessDe

and look for the InstallLocation key. It should be a string that points to
the location where the ADE is installed. In a default install this is
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\ADE11.

The localization file is named WZADE.XML and for a default install is
located at C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\ADE11\1033, or the appropriate
LCID for the localized language that you are using. (There were a limited
number of localized versions of ADE released, I don't have the list in
front of me at this time. I'm guessing you're using English.)

The most reliable way to fix either of these issus would be to uninstall
the ADE, ensure that the install directory is gone and then reinstall the
product. I had recomending this as a solution, but the ADE is a small
product, so this isn't teribly time consuming.

If you're interested in experimentation, you can try to manually fix either
of the above problems by correcting the registry or by replacing the
localization file with a clean copy from the CD. I'll be interested in
hearing the results if you choose this method.

Let me know how things turn out.

--
Regards,
Mike Wachal