Re: Outlook dependency

From: Tony Toews (ttoews_at_telusplanet.net)
Date: 02/19/04

Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2022 17:46:00 -0700

"John Cosmas" <vabo214@msn.com> wrote:

>I did use the late binding technique and it does work without including the
>reference. My problem through still remains, because the client may not
>have Outlook installed at all.

<shrug> Then they can't send emails using Outlook. Use a different
method. See the Access Email FAQ at my website.

>Really, I just need the
>support of the Name and Address parsing functions so I can pass the FullName
>and BusinessAddress and expect the rest to be retrieved using the get
>method, which allows me to fetch the PostalCode, PostOfficeCode, State, City
>and other respective parts. If anyone has an idea as to a function that
>already does this, please let me know.

Ah, then I'd suggest writing your own parser. You have better control
anyhow.

HOWTO: Parse City, State, and Zip Code into Separate Values
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=168798
Now this is for peoples names rather than business names:
HOWTO: Parse a Person's Name into Multiple Variables
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=168799

Tony

--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP