Re: Error message

Alain Wust <Alain Wust@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I am getting crazy, worry, as Imight loose all my data. When I try to open
my files, a message apprear:
' The Microsoft Jet Database Engine stopped the process because you and
another user are attempting to change the same data at the same time'

I do not understand as I am the only one to use it.

This can be a sign of corruption. Try importing into a new MDB.

For more information on corruption including possible causes, determining the
offending PC, retrieving your data, links, official MS KB articles and a list of
vendors who state they can fix corruption see the Microsoft Access Corruption FAQ at
http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/corruptmdbs.htm

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
read the entire thread of messages.

  • Re: saved word file text now opening as small squares?
    ... Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP ... > does anyone know what Microsoft is doing to correct this issue? ... > removable media". ... >> contributed to the corruption in the first place. ...
  • RE: Corrupt database
    ... I've seen cases where the code would cause corruption. ... are able to develop a repro of the code routine that causes corruption it's ... Microsoft Access Support ... Microsoft Security Bulletin MS03-026? ...
  • RE: moved database file, now locked out
    ... Common causes of database file corruption is inadverently dropping the ... Microsoft Access Support ... Microsoft Security Bulletin MS03-026? ...
    (microsoft.public.access.security)
  • RE: moved database file, now locked out
    ... Any idea what led to the file 'corruption'? ... the same time with the 'Z' drive (through windows ... >Microsoft Security Bulletin MS03-026? ...
    (microsoft.public.access.security)
  • Re: Corrupted System Log Files on boot up
    ... Microsoft Certified Professional ... | event log corruption. ... Corrupted System Log Files on boot up ... I then restart or start every service on the server and the log ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.setup)