Re: 64-bit Version of Microsoft Access?

As of Access 2007, Access now has its own data engine. It is based on JET,
but it is owned and supported and will continue to be developed by the
Access team, so Access is no longer dependent on JET.

There has, as far as I am aware, been no announcement about any future
64-bit version of Access or of the new data engine. Given that Access 2007
has only just been released to manufacturing, that's hardly surprising. It's
just too soon to expect to hear any news about future versions yet.

My understanding is that JET runs on 64-bit versions of Windows, just not in
native 64-bit mode. Exactly what the implications of that might be I don't
know - has anyone tried it?

--
Brendan Reynolds
Access MVP

"JohnJohn" <JohnJohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hello. Perhaps I'm not looking in the right places, but I haven't been
able
to determine if MS Access will even be available in a 64-bit version. In
Microsoft's "Data Access Technologies Road Map", it says that Jet will
no-longer be supported (they said it's a "deprecated component"). And if
understand Access correctly, Jet is its heart and soul. So does anyone
know
if there will be a 64-bit version of Access, and if so, is there any kind
of
migration road map?

I may be slightly ignorant on this, so any help you can give me will be
much
appreciated. :)

Thanks,
John

  • Re: @@IDENTITY Object problem - Help!
    ... the JET file share engine that comes with ms-access does not have an ... It is NOT clear which data engine you are using? ... file share JET engine...then you have to do a insert via code..and THEN ... if using odbc to sql server.then the record must be ...
    (microsoft.public.access.formscoding)
  • Re: @@IDENTITY Object problem - Help!
    ... the JET file share engine that comes with ms-access does not have an ... It is NOT clear which data engine you are using? ... file share JET engine...then you have to do a insert via code..and THEN ... if using odbc to sql server.then the record must be ...
  • Re: @@IDENTITY Object problem - Help!
    ... the JET file share engine that comes with ms-access does not have an ... It is NOT clear which data engine you are using? ... file share JET engine...then you have to do a insert via code..and THEN ... if using odbc to sql server.then the record must be ...
    (microsoft.public.access.queries)
  • Re: IDENTIFY