Re: code for DAP not working

This code looks like ASP code running on the server side; it won't work
inside a DAP page as such.

Even if you try removing the Server. object and make a direct call to the
CreateObject() function; there is a possibility that the DAP page won't be
able to open the database E:\myDBfile.mdb if the client machine running the
DAP page is not located on the same LAN.

--
Sylvain Lafontaine, ing.
MVP - Technologies Virtual-PC

"GM" <GM@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> The recordset does not open. Any ideas? At one time there was an error
> that
> server needed an object. Now there is no error. The code runs but the
> recordset isn't showing in my DAP form. I can't seem to find any clear
> examples of programmatically opening another recordset from the same db
> using
> vbscript.
>
> if cbo.value = "iteminList" then
> set conn=Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
> conn.Provider="Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0"
> conn.Open "E:\myDBfile.mdb"
> set rs = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.recordset")
> rs.Open ["recordsetfromTable"], conn
> end if
>
> Thanks

  • Re: Passing values between DAPs using ServerFilter - Access 2003
    ... this is exactly what I'm looking for (filtering recordset on the server ... > server before the recordset is passed to the DAP. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.dataaccess.pages)
  • MySql
    ... integrate properly (and to have the ability to remove a server from the ... Microsoft OLE DB Provider ... The OLE DB Provider works perfetly with a MS Sql database. ... Is there any way to get a DAP to access a MySql database? ...
    (microsoft.public.access.dataaccess.pages)
  • Re: code for DAP not working
    ... code for DAP not working ... > This code looks like ASP code running on the server side; ... > Even if you try removing the Server. ... >> recordset isn't showing in my DAP form. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.dataaccess.pages)
  • Re: ServerFilter Data Access Page
    ... > setting a ServerFilter of a DAP in the BeforeInitialBind event of the DAP. ... I actually copied your expression straight into my code. ... >> assigning server filter properties in Data Access Pages. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.dataaccess.pages)
  • Re: Data Access Page Frozen
    ... If you want to start losing your time with DAP - especially (but not ... for most problems of data publication/edition over the internet. ... How to deploy data access pages over the Internet ... The server is not at home so I've been asking my friend to ...
    (microsoft.public.access.dataaccess.pages)