Re: dropdown popup filter?

Using a dropdown give your users an easy way of changing the displays
without having to go backward. However, if you really want to have a popup
window; then you can start with the following references:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnacc2k2/html/odc_creatingapopuppage.asp

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnacc2k2/html/odc_creatingapopuppage.asp

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnacc2k2/html/ODC_acc10_DSCOM.asp

--
Sylvain Lafontaine, ing.
MVP - Technologies Virtual-PC

<cdoyle@xxxxxx> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Working on a page that currently displays all the data for 5 different
> teams.
>
> Looks currently like this
>
> Month: December 05
> Date: xx/xx/05
> Team: xx
> Employee Name: Fred
>
> Team: XYZ
> Employee Name: Susie
>
> Date: xx/xx/05
>

> This gets to be a fairly large page, and would like to have it broken
> down more based on user input. Since they most likley don't care about
> the other teams.
>
> I would like to know if it's possible to make the DAP prompt the user
> with a dropdown window with the team names (I have already have a table
> with each team name). Then once the user selects the team from the
> window. It then loads the page, with only data per that team.
>
> So something like
>
> Month: December 05 Team Name:xx
> Date: xx/xx/05
> Employee Name:
> Fred
> Joe
> Date: xx/xx/05
> Billy Bob
>
> I would like it to be a popup window that forces them to make a
> selection. I've seen the examples of the dropdown list on a page, but
> I'm afraid my users won't understand what to do.
>
> Is something like this possible?

  • how to detect popup menu
    ... I've create a dropdown calendar window which works just like the ... popup menu that lists month names in the MonthView control stretches ...
    (microsoft.public.vb.winapi)
  • Refreshing a dropdown in another webform
    ... I have a page in which there is a dropdown of users. ... After adding/updating users in my popup window, i would like to refresh the ... Prev by Date: ...
  • Re: Iceweasel freezes and iceape vulnerabilities and instability
    ... popup is fixed in place within the browser window, ... the browser is doing its job; it is just possible to do some really ... Funny you mention this -- I don't think this is due to malicious code, ...
    (Debian-User)
  • RE: [PHP] Conditional popup driven from server-side
    ... otherwise display normal browser page. ... if there aren't errors then popup a modal ... window and start processing while displaying ... server, and then get the server to close it when done. ...
    (php.general)
  • Re: Avira AntiVir (free version) - Is this now adware?
    ... When I went to manually update, got an ad. Got back to the host this morning and saw another popup window with their ad. ... It could be wonderful cake but not if you occasionally get a turd smooshed into your face. ...
    (alt.comp.anti-virus)

Quantcast