Re: Passing values from a DAP to an Access Query

From: Ken Snell [MVP] (kthsneisllis9_at_ncoomcastt.renaetl)
Date: 12/29/04

Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2021 15:30:41 -0500

Not sure exactly what you're doing -- are you trying to run a normal ACCESS
report from a DAP? or just trying to display data on a DAP that would serve
as a report?

Assuming that you want to display data on a DAP based on a filtering value
selected by a user, there are a couple of ways to do that. One way is to put
a textbox or combo box on a DAP, let the user enter/select a value, write a
cookie with that value, then read the cookie in the second DAP and use the
ServerFilter property of that DAP to filter the recordset before it's
opened. Another way is to use a hyperlink element on the first DAP to open
the second DAP, and use the ServerFilter property of the hyperlink element
on the first DAP to filter the second DAP's recordset.

Please provide a little more info about what you're trying to do.

--
        Ken Snell
<MS ACCESS MVP>
"Ralph Heidecke" <ralph.heidecke@gems.gov.bc> wrote in message
>I am new DAPs and not very expereinced with HTML. I have created a DAP
>based
> on a query. In past Access applications ( I have done a few - mostly in
> Access 97) I set up forms for users to input values to the query - in this
> case an employee number and once  the user supplied the parameter a report
> was produced.
>
> I have used this approach with the DAP and it works well enough except a
> form (it looks like a list box) is returned entitled "Enter Paramter"  in
> the form is a box under a column header "Value". In the second column
> called
> name is the name of the variable txtNumber in the Access Query behind the
> DAP.
>
> I would like either modify the form so it is more user Friendly - ie it
> asks
> the user to supply the employee name or to have a custom form that
> acheives
> the same end. I have looked over the html and Javascript code for the DAP
> and can't find where the default form is produced.
>
> Any help you can offer would be appreciated.
>
> TIA

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Is there an Access Report format that can be modified and NOT jus.
    ... consider is using a data access page if your version of of Access supports ... Other DAP topics are adjacently listed. ... report is relatively simple, it may be feasible for you to simply save it as ... Right mouse click on your report in the database window. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.reports)
  • Re: Report saved as DAP
    ... I have a simple mdb containing a table and a report. ... After converting this report to DAP, it displays the textbox and My ... The DAP script editor, converted, is: ... Option Compare Database Private Sub Detail_Format(Cancel As Integer, ...
    (microsoft.public.access.dataaccess.pages)
  • Re: Report saved as DAP
    ... I have a simple mdb containing a table and a report. ... After converting this report to DAP, it displays the textbox and My ... The DAP script editor, converted, is: ... Option Compare Database Private Sub Detail_Format(Cancel As Integer, ...
    (microsoft.public.access.dataaccess.pages)
  • RE: Passing values from a DAP to an Access Query
    ... Sorry for the double posting - my newgroup servers doesn't seem to be posting ... I am trying to display a normal access report in a DAP. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.dataaccess.pages)
  • Calculation in DAP
    ... I am trying to build a percentage report in a DAP page that have ... I cant get so calculation working paste de first level. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.dataaccess.pages)