query data from external shell ?

From: The Legend (invalid_at_invalid.nl)
Date: 05/09/04

Date: Sun, 9 May 2021 11:23:48 +0200

Hello,

i am totally new on access but know some of oracle and have the next
challenge to deal with if its possible. I need to get some column data over
to another machine and put this into a mysql database.

So if i am right i need to activate a script by dos or unix shell that
queries some columns from 3 access 2000 tables used by a application.

i know how to do this on unix/oralce/sql
when activating the shell (*.sh)it calls a *.sql that queries the data from
a oracle databe table(s) into a spool file and saves it in the therefore
choosen directory
like with command spool /users/home/sql.lst
                               spool off
and a ftp shell could transport this file to any particular
part/machine/place where it can be imported again by any activated
shell/*.sql

Is this possible to do on access by a external script or scripts run by a
external source and how is it done technically ?

be very gratefull with any help or links

thanks in adv.

Ed

Relevant Pages

  • query data from acces tables from shell
    ... when activating the shell it calls a *.sql that queries the data from ... a oracle databe tableinto a spool file and saves it in the therefore ... Is this possible to do on access by a external script or scripts run by a ...
    (microsoft.public.access.externaldata)
  • Re: QUESTION - "Rulebook" for character delimiting...??
    ... I'm trying to create a shell script that generates an RMAN recovery ... Since I sometimes have to do some bizzaro ETL going from csv to Oracle ...
    (comp.databases.oracle.server)
  • Re: Try to set a oracle cron job on AIX 5.2
    ... following is my shell script, ... # Schedule of daily oracle backups ... Yes I am running separate crons for the oracle, ... The shell is correct, because I got the shell from env. ...
    (comp.databases.oracle.server)
  • Re: query data from acces tables from shell
    ... > when activating the shell it calls a *.sql that queries the data ... > a oracle databe tableinto a spool file and saves it in the therefore ... > Is this possible to do on access by a external script or scripts run by a ...
    (microsoft.public.access.externaldata)
  • Re: Connection problem through sqlplus
    ... I have 2 instances of oracle installed on my solaris box. ... I hardly use the 10g and have 4 databases configured on 9i. ... I have written some shell scripts to connect to the ... it sources the /usr/local/bin/coraenv script. ...
    (comp.databases.oracle.server)