Re: dao2535.tlb and comctl32.ocx errors

From: Roger Carlson (NO-Rog3erc-SPAM_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 04/09/04

    Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2021 13:56:04 -0400

    The database must have originally been created in Access 2.0 and converted
    to 97. During that conversion process, Access 97 installed the DAO 2.5/3.5
    Compatibility Library, which acted as a bridge between Access Basic (used by
    Access 2.0) to Visual Basic (used by Access 97). To convert this to Access
    2000+, you need to remove this reference and correct any errors that arise.
    There are not all that many. VBA has a few more reserverd words than
    AccessBasic, and if you used them in your old program, they might cause
    errors. Also, AccessBasic was more forgiving of bang (!) and dot (.) used
    incorrectly.

    You shouldn't need to find and install this reference. The thing to do is
    open it in Access97 somewhere, uncheck the reference, correct any errors,
    then continue with the upgrade.

    --
    --Roger Carlson
      www.rogersaccesslibrary.com