Problems making mde office 2003

From: Mike MF (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 04/01/04

Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2021 09:37:21 -0800

I have an Access database done originally on Access 2000
and I made an MDE file for our users to run. Some of the
users now have Office 2003 and the MDE will not run as it
shows an error of "Requested type library or wizard is not
a VBA Project". Yet if they run the standard database
(not mde) on 2003 it runs fine.

I then read some articles and using access 2003, converted
the database from 2000 to 2003 but when I tried to create
the MDE file it just locks up and does nothing.

I did compile the modules first and there are no errors
when I do this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
Mike

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Acces VBA Password
    ... but still have the database as the default Access 2000. ... I can now create an MDE file without a password. ... > impression, it takes a tremendous amount of effort to overcome that person's ... > version of the VBA source code, even if there's a VBA password placed on the ...
    (microsoft.public.access.security)
  • Re: How to use a logon screen to log into a secured Database?
    ... > that appears with a secured database. ... >>On Error GoTo ErrorHandler ... >> Exit Sub ... Now make an MDE file ...
    (microsoft.public.access.security)
  • Re: How to use a logon screen to log into a secured Database?
    ... that appears with a secured database. ... >On Error GoTo ErrorHandler ... > Exit Sub ... Now make an MDE file ...
    (microsoft.public.access.security)
  • Re: File size the same after major deletions
    ... Embedded graphics can cause a database to grow out of proportion to the size ... >>> It's set up with an .mde file that is used as the User ... If you enter the Admin ...
  • Re: Type Mismatch error in MDE file
    ... I have split the database into a front end and a back end. ... I update the linked tables and then make an mde file. ... menu Debug> Compile. ... menu Tools> Reference - check the object library that holds the erroring object. ...
    (comp.databases.ms-access)