Converting Application from ADP to ACCDB

Although I'd rather stick with the ADP format when writing applications that
use Access as a front-end to SQL Server, just to be safe I'm trying to work
out how to talk to SQL Server from an Access 2007 ACCDB file. My question is,
can all of the following requirements be met simultaneously (especially using
bound forms and an updateable recordset)?

1) Access ACCDB talking to SQL Server 2005.
2) Either ADO or DAO, but preferably ADO.
3) Bound forms (but NOT directly to a linked table or view, instead to an
ADO or DAO recordset based on parameterized stored procedures).
4) The recordset is updateable.

I can do all of the above using pass-through queries, except a PTQ isn't
updateable. I'd rather not move to an unbound form model because of the
substantial increase in coding required. Likewise for doing the development
in Visual Studio.

Any suggestions re whether this can be done, and if so, how?

  • Re: Problem with find method
    ... I am sorry that this is not my original question. ... SQL server when the field property is set to not allow NULL. ... Does anyone know whether this is a bug in ADO? ... >> My recordset does not contain only user name. ...
    (microsoft.public.vb.database.ado)
  • Re: ADO Shape and Subqueries
    ... > the second recordset, since you suggest making two recordsets insted of ... I have no idea if it is a limitaiton of the provider or SQL Server or ADO. ... That means the programmer asking for help here has got to be prepared to do ...
    (microsoft.public.data.ado)
  • Tempdb Permissions Problems
    ... we're using SQL Server 2000 on Windows Server 2003 and XP Pro. ... an ADO Recordset, the Recordset field for the primary key column will not ... column information for updating or refreshing". ... This must be because ADO ...
  • Re: Problem with find method
    ... My recordset does not contain only user name. ... I would like to know if this is already a known issue with ADO and can be ... > SELECT fldNames FROM tblName WHERE fldName = 'something' ORDER BY fldName ... >> I am creating an VB application which connect to SQL Server. ...
    (microsoft.public.vb.database.ado)
  • Re: Problem with find method
    ... Dear David ... recordset is beyound bof or eof. ... > SQL server when the field property is set to not allow NULL. ... > Does anyone know whether this is a bug in ADO? ...
    (microsoft.public.vb.database.ado)