Converting Application from ADP to ACCDB
- From: PGallez <PGallez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2021 09:49:01 -0700
Although I'd rather stick with the ADP format when writing applications that
use Access as a front-end to SQL Server, just to be safe I'm trying to work
out how to talk to SQL Server from an Access 2007 ACCDB file. My question is,
can all of the following requirements be met simultaneously (especially using
bound forms and an updateable recordset)?
1) Access ACCDB talking to SQL Server 2005.
2) Either ADO or DAO, but preferably ADO.
3) Bound forms (but NOT directly to a linked table or view, instead to an
ADO or DAO recordset based on parameterized stored procedures).
4) The recordset is updateable.
I can do all of the above using pass-through queries, except a PTQ isn't
updateable. I'd rather not move to an unbound form model because of the
substantial increase in coding required. Likewise for doing the development
in Visual Studio.
Any suggestions re whether this can be done, and if so, how?
- Prev by Date: salam
- Next by Date: MS Access project cant find query
- Previous by thread: salam
- Next by thread: Re: Converting Application from ADP to ACCDB