LINKING TO AN SQL SERVER 2005 DB THROUGH ACCESS 2007

Tech Tip: Click here to run a free scan for Windows Errors and optimize PC performance

I am new in Access 2007 (and Office 2007 in general) and the environment
seems too strange for me.
I want to link to an SQL Server 2005 DB but I don't know how.
I opened the External Data tab -->Import -->more -->ODBC database, I followed
the steps but the resulting db was a number of tables, some of them the
original tables, some of them the queries in the original db and about 75% of
them were tables whose names started with INFORMATION_SCHEMA_ or sys_.
Also I've noticed there are no dependencies. Can someone help me see the data
as in the original db?

  • Re: Recordset.AddNew and the recordset objects data retaining
    ... I am in an environment where bulk insert isn't an option--even though the ... underlying database is SQL server, I am using a third party OLE DB provider-- ... > insert(assuming you are using SQL server) or DTS. ...
    (microsoft.public.data.ado)
  • curious problem in production
    ... I am getting an exception from sql server being ... When I run the same code on the my development machine into the SAME ... if it fails in calling the production environment. ... RPC:Completed declare @P1 bigint ...
  • curious problem in production
    ... I am getting an exception from sql server being ... When I run the same code on the my development machine into the SAME ... if it fails in calling the production environment. ... RPC:Completed declare @P1 bigint ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.server)