Re: Using an unbound form for displaying and updating data

Tech Tip: Click here to run a free scan for Windows Errors and optimize PC performance

Hum, take a look at:
http://sqlserver2000.databases.aspfaq.com/why-should-i-consider-using-an-auxiliary-calendar-table.html .

Also, even if the dates for each inspections schedule doesn't exist, this
doesn't prohibit you to create a simple query; as you can put a lot of stuff
in a query. However, I don't really understand the distinction or the
relation between the table tblInspection and the Inspections Schedule; so I
cannot tell you anything more on this.

--
Sylvain Lafontaine, ing.
MVP - Technologies Virtual-PC

"AkAlan via AccessMonster.com" <u18147@uwe> wrote in message
Sylvain, The dates for each inspections schedule doesn't exist so I can't
make a simple query. I have stored the inspection, frequency and day due
from
there I could run code to determine the due date based on the month the
user
wanted to see. I want to populate a form by using that code then allow
the
user to enter a date completed field which would then update the date
completed table. I went ahead and took the advice posted here and
populated a
table with each inspections due date manually but thought that if I could
do
this in code on the fly I would never have to calculate the date due
again.
Thanks for your reply.

Alan

Sylvain Lafontaine wrote:
Any reason why you wan to use an unbound form? Also, it's not clear what
you mean by "entering data into a recordset". Do you mean by that that
you
will create a disconnected local recordset and populate it with the data?

The best way would be probably to use a simple query that will retrieve
all
the required data in a single step. I don't understand why you would want
to use a temp table or a local disconnected recordset here; excerpt maybe
for this unbound form thing.

I have an Acces 2007 project using SQL Server 2000 as a backend.

[quoted text clipped - 36 lines]

Thanks.

  • Re: Help with Microsoft help on linking Access to Outlook
    ... Tools - references - tick Microsoft Outlook object library. ... in the criteria cell in the graphical query builder. ... the same filtered recordset every time. ... normal form to allow the normal filtering process and viewing of the ...
    (microsoft.public.access.formscoding)
  • Re: Help with Microsoft help on linking Access to Outlook
    ... in the criteria cell in the graphical query builder. ... use as the source in the routine. ... the same filtered recordset every time. ... normal form to allow the normal filtering process and viewing of the ...
    (microsoft.public.access.formscoding)
  • Re: Help with Microsoft help on linking Access to Outlook
    ... and have the query point to the combo box to get its value. ... the same filtered recordset every time. ... choose themselves what fields to filter on. ... Set MyRS = MyDB.OpenRecordset" ...
    (microsoft.public.access.formscoding)
  • Re: Help with Microsoft help on linking Access to Outlook
    ... in the criteria cell in the graphical query builder. ... use as the source in the routine. ... the same filtered recordset every time. ... normal form to allow the normal filtering process and viewing of the ...
    (microsoft.public.access.formscoding)
  • Re: Help with Microsoft help on linking Access to Outlook
    ... in the criteria cell in the graphical query builder. ... use as the source in the routine. ... the same filtered recordset every time. ... choose themselves what fields to filter on. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.formscoding)