Re: Linked Views to SQLServer become Read-Only - Addendum
- From: "Sylvain Lafontaine" <sylvain aei ca (fill the blanks, no spam please)>
- Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2021 15:50:21 -0400
Is this for ADP or for ODBC linked tables/views? Did you add any unique
index recently to one of the tables or are you using an unique index instead
of a primary key?
Sylvain Lafontaine, ing.
MVP - Technologies Virtual-PC
E-mail: sylvain aei ca (fill the blanks, no spam please)
"Ray" <ray_park@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
As and additional note:
The Linked TABLE was not affected and remains Read/Write
(This is actually the table the views are based on)
Only the linked views became read only.
On Tue, 07 Aug 2021 11:31:09 -0400, Ray <ray_park@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Access 2000 on WinXP-Pro sp2
SQL Server 2000 on Win2k3 sp??
Access Database has several views linked from the SQL Server ...
everything works fine.. Read/Write/Update/Delete etc....
The SQL Database Table the views are based on has fields added/removed
SQL Views are refreshed (execute sp_refresh <ViewName>)
Access Database has links refreshed
The view wll open - but is now read only.
Views are still Read/Write on SQL Server
If I delete the linked view in Access and add it back - it becomes
- Prev by Date: Re: Future of ADP's
- Next by Date: Re: connecting to two adp projects error-
- Previous by thread: Re: Linked Views to SQLServer become Read-Only - Addendum
- Next by thread: Re: Linked Views to SQLServer become Read-Only - Addendum