Linked Views to SQLServer become Read-Only

Access 2000 on WinXP-Pro sp2
SQL Server 2000 on Win2k3 sp??

Access Database has several views linked from the SQL Server ...
everything works fine.. Read/Write/Update/Delete etc....

The SQL Database Table the views are based on has fields added/removed
SQL Views are refreshed (execute sp_refresh <ViewName>)

Access Database has links refreshed

The view wll open - but is now read only.
Views are still Read/Write on SQL Server

If I delete the linked view in Access and add it back - it becomes
Read/Write again.

Any Suggestions????

Thanks
Ray

  • Re: Migrating away from MS-Access
    ... Ive just stepped into a role to migrate an access database to VB.Net. ... At some stage we have to migrate the access backend to SQL Server. ... A dot-net front end with an MDB file back end is the worst of all worlds. ...
    (comp.databases.ms-access)
  • Re: tool to re-reference forms after usizing?
    ... Speed Ferret (which I hate to admit that I've never been able to get to ... tblCustomerAddress, remember that changing tblCustomer to something else ... >>> I am in the process of upsizing an access database to sql server. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.conversion)
  • Re: ODBC parameters and system resources
    ... Install MSDE or use an existing SQL Server. ... I connect to an Access database of about 500MB in size. ... there is the "Not enough space on temporary disk". ... What can a "System resource" be apart from disk space and RAM? ...
    (comp.databases.ms-access)
  • Re: Linked Views to SQLServer become Read-Only - Addendum
    ... Sylvain Lafontaine, ing. ... The Linked TABLE was not affected and remains Read/Write ... Access Database has several views linked from the SQL Server ... ...
    (microsoft.public.access.adp.sqlserver)
  • Linked Views to SQLServer become Read-Only
    ... SQL Server 2000 on Win2k3 sp?? ... Access Database has several views linked from the SQL Server ... ... Views are still Read/Write on SQL Server ...
    (microsoft.public.access.externaldata)