Re: hotfix http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827983/en-us

There have been some reports in the newsgroup about problem with ADP 2002
since SP2 for Windows is out.

Maybe you could try with Access 2003 instead of 2002. However, when dealing
with images in a report, you shouldn't expect a miracle solution.

Another possibility would be to try DBPix. I don't know if it will work in
your case but it can't be worse than the Image object that comes standard
with Access.

--
Sylvain Lafontaine, ing.
MVP - Technologies Virtual-PC

"mdullni1 via AccessMonster.com" <u5661@uwe> wrote in message
I am developing an adp report that loads a different picture for each
record.
I am using image object, setting the .picture to the external file path of
jpg file in the group header for each record. Besides the load of each
picture being slow, I also was getting this message during development
(usually when applying/changing the source object on a subreport) "There
isn't enough memory to perform this operation. Close unneeded programs and
try the operation again."
I installed hotfix 827983 (which we had to get sent to us by an MS tech),
but
it made the report even slower; in fact, I can only load one record, when
try to load all the records (~120), it hangs. We tried to system restore
before the hotfix, but the restore failed. We tried replacing the files
the
hotfix says it affected, and we uninstalled and reinstalled officeXP, but
still have the problem created by the hotfix. We even imported the report
into an adp on other system that did not receive the hotfix but the
problem
persisted there as if the hotfix corrupted the report itself. Now that
system is experiencing slowness. I have seen Leban's solution for
converting
from jpg to EMFand tried applying that but it did not fix whatever the
hotfix
did.

Does anyone have experience with this hotfix?

Thanks,
Peg