Connect to SQL Server over the internet

Hi,

Computer A is where is installed SQL server 2000 and the BE. Computer B, I
have the FE (ADP in access 2003). The both computers are connected the
internet.

So, how can I connect to SQL Server over the internet? I mean, I want
connect my FE Computer B) to BE (computer A).

I listen something, we can do this connection trough IP address, but I don't
have idea how can I do.

Any Ideas?

Thanks,

José Perdigão

  • Re: remoting vs. direct sql connection
    ... I'd say that you should never expose your SQL Server directly to the ... Internet -- the security risks are simply far too great. ... Using either a web service or remoting will also somewhat help in relieving ... Remoting logically uses a connection per ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.remoting)
  • Re: Help!! Client side database access
    ... private void StartWatch() ... Inside class checking internet connection ... > exposing your sql server on the internet and opening port 1433 on your ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.remoting)
  • RE: Access Front End & SQL Server Back End Connection
    ... I believe that if you're using SQL Server, unless you have a need for the ... additional capabilities afforded by use of a .mdb (e.g., ... tabling, heterogenous data source linking, etc.), then stick with an .adp. ... > grips with the options and settle on a good approach to making the connection ...
    (microsoft.public.access.modulesdaovba)
  • Re: MDB vs ADP
    ... So whilst in many cases it can be very slow using an adp / mdb to connect to ... a sql server over the net you can make it work. ... > MDB and ADP over the Internet; not only when loading 1000 records but also ...
    (microsoft.public.access.adp.sqlserver)
  • Re: connecting to SQL Server 2000 from a VB.net app using ADO.net
    ... In terms of connectivity issues over the Internet, firewall ... TCP Ports Needed for Communication to SQL Server ... I can't create a remote connection in Enterprise Manager. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.connect)