Upsizing Wizard tries to Convert Memo Field to Date/Time vs nvarchar

I am attempting to upsize an Access 2002 mdb to an adp linked to MSDE 2000.
When I run the upsizing wizard everything seems to work except for one
table that contains a memo field. I dropped the (empty) target table that
resulted from the first attempt and ran export from the file menu to an
ODBC data source that points at the new SQL database. ODBC can connect to
the DSN just fine but I get a data conversion error that says "Error
converting data type varchar to datetime. (#8114). I can't figure out how
to specify nvarchar or varchar as the receiving data type & I don't know
how the system figures out that memo wants to go to datetime vs varchar. I
haven't found this specific error on msdn yet. Is there a simple way to
specify the receiving field in SQL for an export? I'm pretty much a
neophyte so far.

  • Re: Size of data field - SQL Sever 2000
    ... > VARCHAR to TEXT and got a warning that data would be truncated. ... Max Length is 16 because the Text data type doesn't actually store the data, ... > The problem I have is that the text field allows the pasting of word docs ... >> Depending on the character string, the storage size may be less than ...
    (microsoft.public.access.adp.sqlserver)
  • Re: SQL Datatypes
    ... stored as a varchar, data that should be stored as a float is stored ... The exact validation is different depending on data type. ... Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx ... Books Online for SQL Server 2005 at ...
    (comp.databases.ms-sqlserver)
  • RE: Sql Linked Server
    ... changing table data type from nvarchar to varchar. ... you said you will still meet the error with DTS Query Builder. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.odbc)
  • Re: Dynamic Parameters S.P.
    ... >nvarchar value 'TEST' to a column of data type bit. ... I assume that all columns here are char, varchar nchar or nvarchar, except ... then datatype precedence decides which is converted to what. ...