Issues on Client PCs

From: anonymous2 (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 05/17/04

Date: Mon, 17 May 2021 08:58:33 -0700

Hey, you know what else you could try? Make sure you have
qualified your stored procedures, with at least the
owner's name. Example:

    lstMyListBox.RowSource = "exec dbo.myProcedure"

Do this for all forms, list boxes and combo boxes whose
record/row source property is set to a stored procedure,
whether at design time or in VBA at runtime.

for
>me before my development computer was at the version it
is
>now).
>
>Stored procedures with output parameters that run fine on
>my development machine, when executed through an ADO
>command object's execute method, are causing runtime
>errors stating "The stored procedure sp_Procedure expects
>parameter @theParam and none was supplied." Even if I
add
>default values to these parameters, it halts.
>
>I know the adp file is connecting to the SQL Server
data.
>I can see the tables and sprocs, and work with them as
far
>as the user's permissions will allow.
>
>I'd like ideas, if possible, other than "upgrade to SP3"
>and "get the latest MDAC" as those are scheduled to
happen
>through our corporate IT, but not for a couple of
months.
>Please tell me I'm overlooking something simple.
>.

Relevant Pages